Friday, March 30, 2012

Wishful thinking

     Or not ... I tried the Photoshop thing and wasn't happy with the results, so I went outside and started loading stuff into the new compost heap (we filled the other one). YD was busy pulling weeds in the driveway when I finished up the compost gig, which led me to speculate on whether some of the weeds-cum-grass could be transplanted to bare patches in the lawn. Well, why not? That kept me well occupied until lunch ... grilled Nathan's hotdogs on flour tortillas. Simple and good.

     We also took a quick field trip to see the new signage in front of the neighborhood and bought a MegaMillions lottery ticket. The rest of the afternoon was spent daydreaming about how to spend half a billion bucks, along with a little strumming and a little sunning ... both of which caused no little consternation to the Carolina wren family who are once again nesting on the old stereo speaker on the back porch. An altogether wonderful day, if I dare say so. 

     Of course, it's not over yet ... we just shared a Fat Tire and some HEB black pepper kettle chips. Dinner will be leftover kalamata/red onion/roasted red pepper pizza and a salad with home grown arugula from the back porch, a spritz of truffle oil and some eggs fried easy with shitakes. The sky is crystalline blue and the leaves are gleaming on the trees ... who needs Photoshop when all we have to do is look out the window?

No comments: