Thursday, January 9, 2014

Yeah, yeah, yeah

Last Friday we had leftover chicken fingers ... homemade chicken fingers, I hasten to add. We brought them to Austin for lunch and shared them with Griffin, along with avocados and blueberries (both favorites of his).

At first I alternated offerings: avocado, then blueberry, then chicken. Griffin responded with his signature "mmmmm" after each one. But after a while, he started waving his hand in front of the fork whenever I tried to serve up a bit of avocado or a blueberry. Seems he only wanted chicken. So I started backloading a blueberry or a bit of avocado on the fork, with a piece of chicken up front. Success!
After lunch, we headed to Zilker Park. I mused that perhaps Thursday should become chicken fingers night so we could bring leftovers to Austin for Friday lunches.
"Yeah," said Griffin from the backseat.
"Yes," I prompted, since we're trying to support the current family effort to convert Griffin's "yeah" into "yes."
Then, "Wait a minute ... Don, I think he said "yeah" when I said I was going to bring chicken fingers on Fridays."
And Griffin said, "Yeah."


Practicing for the beach

No comments: