I finished the cedar mulch path on the side of the house between the shed and the garage. Accented the path with stones at 10 foot intervals on alternate sides of the path.
At one end is a planter made from a tree trunk where I planted a wildflower mix. At the other end of the path, next to the shed, is our collection of cedar driftwood branches waiting for a project. Can't believe it is 81 degrees out there. The lantana by the shower has bloomed all winter long! BTW, notice the subtle rock work on the bends in the path ... not a solid rock border, but an impression of a border. Way cool!
 |
| New cedar path |
 |
| Planter by path |
 |
| Cedar driftwood found throughout property |
 |
| Lantana blooming throughout this winter |
Lucky me ... I get to come home after a hard day's work, put on my jeans and a pair of sneakers, and then walk around to see the most recent transformation of the land. Today YD cut a bunch of gnarly stuff out around the well house, leaving the cedar, persimmon, and yaupon holly trees to be sculpted with some selective pruning. Talk about spoiled ...
Which reminds me ... yesterday was Valentine's Day. I was reminiscing about my all-time favorite Valentine gifts. Number one: Melissa Reid. Number two: the pitchfork YD gave me for the manure from Keith Nunn's farm when we were putting in the garden at Nina Lane. Number three: the knee pads I got yesterday. Who could ask for anything more?
No comments:
Post a Comment