Woke up to 29 degrees and sleet this morning. Where did spring go? Oh yeah, it is still winter! Observed a large flock of robins in the front and side yards pecking through the leaves looking for something (worms/grubs) to eat. Also observed a fella running down the road in just shorts and gloves. Birds of a feather? No such thing as runner flocks around here...
 |
| Robin flock (do not recall seeing them in 2011) |
I just erased a bunch of blah, blah, blah ... not feeling as clever as YD today. It's been a lazy one, which is nice every so often, but we were bummed when the weather put the kibosh on Meg and Paul coming over. So, we'll eat scads of Leaving the Burg pasta with garlic knots and top it off with strawberry trifle in honor of Melissa's almost birthday.
Oh, and here's a new recipe for tomatillo salsa, inspired by the Gristmill (wish I had some of their chips right now). Rough chop half a dozen raw tomatillos (tomatilloes?), throw in a handful of cilantro and some diced jalapeno poblano, then run it all through the food processor. Rough chop an avocado and pulse everything a couple more times. That and a Shiner Bock will get you a good afternoon nap.
2 comments:
I've never looked for Tomatillos here, do you think they are available?
I'd think Whole Foods would have them ... they look like little green tomatoes wrapped in a paper-like covering.
Post a Comment